Staunton Parish Council in partnership with Staunton Action Force to Enhance Our Roads (SAFER) are working to improve road safety through village. SAFER are a group of volunteers formed to look at issues concerned with the A4136.
The Parish Council and SAFER have developed an agreed a Road Safety Strategy for Staunton and work is underway to deliver its actions.
The Strategy identifies a number of actions that could help to slow vehicle speeds through the village. These include:
- Introduction of Vehicle Activated Signage (VAS)
- A permanent pedestrian crossing across the A4136
- Planting at the gateways to the village
- Working with the police to increase speed enforcement through the village
- Working with businesses to reduce heavy goods vehicle traffic along the A4136
If you would like to find out more or get involved please contact us using the form below.